Assistant Accountant Jobs
An Assistant Accountant works very closely with qualified accountants with daily duties, month end close and year-end statutory accounts. They also can provide support with a variety of other accounting tasks, from report preparation to ledger maintenance, bank statement reconciliation and cash flow forecasting.
Assistant Accountant job description and responsibilities
The day-to-day duties of an Assistant Accountant include:
- Bank reconciliations
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Preparing internal and external reports
- Producing profit and loss accounts
- Accruals and repayments
- Various accounts processing duties such as posting and raising invoices, credit control etc.
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting
- Answering purchase/sales ledger queries
Assistant Accountant job qualifications, experience and skills
As an Assistant Accountant you should pay close attention to detail and have excellent organisation skills.
Although a degree in finance, accounting or mathematics is desirable, it’s not essential. That said an existing AAT qualification and evidence of study towards a qualification such an ACCA or CIMA are often required for such a role.
Further skills that an Assistant Accountant should hold are as follows:
- All round organisational skills
- Analytical nature and excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A willingness to learn and progress professionally