Management Accountant Jobs
The role of a Management Accountant is focused around forecasting and reporting in order to shape the future decisions made by the business. An organisation’s commercial decisions are largely built on the information and insight provided by the Management Accountant.
Management Accountant job description and responsibilities
In addition to providing data to support company decisions, the Management Accountant can also identify new ways to reduce operational costs.
The day-to-day duties of a Management Accountant are a blend between accounting and business partnering / stakeholder management. There is also a focus on the development of financial policies and the maintenance of management information systems. Such duties may include:
- Budgets and reports
- Cashflow forecasting
- Financial analysis
- Creating internal and external financial statements and forecasts
- Budget and forecasting month-end close
- Supporting the financial controller as require
- Providing advice on strategic planning
Management Accountant job qualifications, experience and skills
Typically, employers will be looking for qualified Chartered Accountants or individuals with an equivalent qualification. Prior finance/accounting experience is also required for this role as employers will expect the Management Accountant to be familiar with accounts software and reporting packages.
Other skills that are needed in the role of Management Accountant are:
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical nature
- All round organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build relationships
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt