Purchase Ledger Jobs
A role of a Purchase Ledger Clerk involves maintaining the company purchase ledger. A role in this part of the finance team involves processing purchase orders, invoices and expenses, whilst assisting with cash management and bank reconciliations.
Purchase Ledger job description and responsibilities
Typical duties of a Purchase Ledger Clerk include:
- Maintaining the filing system for invoices
- Authorising and processing payments
- Processing expenses
- Creating company reports
- Monitoring petty cash
- Dealing with purchase ledger related queries
- Liaising with suppliers
- Resolving invoice and supplier queries
- Weekly payment runs
Whilst you may not necessarily need a degree to qualify for a role as a Purchase Ledger Clerk, any previous experience in administration or within accounts payable is certainly advantageous.
Furthermore, some employers may request an AAT qualification, or evidence of work towards this.
Purchase Ledger job qualifications, experience and skills
Other skills you will need to be a successful Purchase Ledger professional are:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literate with ability to pick up new software
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload