Semi-Senior / Senior Accounting Jobs
Working within an accountancy practice, a Semi-Senior takes on a range of accounting duties and provides advice and support to clients.
Semi-Senior / Senior job description and responsibilities
Alongside managing an assigned portfolio of clients, the Semi-Senior will oversee work assigned to the bookkeeping team and take a lead role in the preparation of monthly / annual management accounts and tax returns.
The Semi-Senior may take on additional tasks such as:
- Managing an assigned portfolio of clients, offering advice and maintaining client files
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory/annual accounts for a range of clients
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and partnership tax returns
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns
- Company secretarial work
- Overseeing work assigned to the bookkeeping team
- Assisting client account managers
Semi-Senior / Senior job qualifications, experience and skills
To be successful in the role as Semi-Senior you will be expected to have experience in a similar role and ideally a good working knowledge of accounting software. Employers may also require candidates to be part of fully qualified in one of the following qualifications; ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Due to the client-facing nature of the role, the Semi-Senior should have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build lasting relationships.
Further skills and experience required are as follows:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a heavy workload
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent eye for detail and logical thinking
- Natural ability to work well within a team or individually