Accounts Assistant Job Details
Location:Chandler's Ford, Hampshire
Salary:£18000 - £20000 Per Annum
Are you looking to take your first step into the world of finance?
We have teamed up with a logistics company based in Southampton that is searching for an Assistant Accountant to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for processing reconciliations and maintaining both sales and purchase ledgers day-to-day, and will benefit from being part of a business that values staff welfare by offering flexible working hours, company bonuses, and showing a clear progressive career path.
This role would suit someone with office experience, looking for their first step into finance, or someone who is newly graduated and looking to put their new-found knowledge to the test.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Checking purchase orders are correct
- Assisting with reconciliations
- Posting supplier and customer payments
- Processing invoices on the accounting system
- Assisting with Credit Control
- Dealing with queries
What you will need:
- Experience in a similar role such as – Purchase Ledger Clerk / Purchase Ledger Assistant / Purchase Ledger Administrator / Finance Assistant / Finance Administrator / Administrator / Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable / Sales Ledger / Credit Controller / Recoveries Executive
- Ideally studying towards a relevant professional qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA)
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Competent Excel skills
- A progressive drive
What you will get:
- Quarterly bonus
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- Company pension
- High spec offices
- Free on-site parking
- Professional but relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development
If you would like to find out more about this Accounts Assistant role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.