Accounts Assistant Job Details
Salary:£26000 - £27000 Per Annum
A talented Accounts Assistant is required on a permanent basis to join an organisation based in Portsmouth. You will be offered remote days (2 per week), flexible working hours, full study package and 30 days PLUS bank holiday (yes, you read that right, PLUS the bank holidays), not to mention a 6% pension, to name a few perks!
Your role as Accounts Assistant will require you to provide support on a daily basis across various areas of the finance department, so the perfect job if you are looking to broaden your accountancy knowledge and experience! As the Accounts Assistant you will ideally hold, or be working towards, an accounting technician qualification (AAT, CIMA or ACCA) with the appetite to keep learning and growing with the team! This role is split in 2, one part business as usual activities including transnational processing and management accounts, the other is supporting with projects, which ensures variety and opportunities to learn!
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Raise journals including accruals / prepayment
- Bank reconciliations
- Support with invoice process and queries
- Inter-company accounting
- Attend finance and management meetings
- Inputting payments and receipts into accounting system
- Raising all cheques and online payments weekly
- Managing relevant accounting documentation as required
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in a similar role, such as: Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant / Finance Assistant / Finance Officer
- Focused and methodical approach with a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and adapt to new tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build strong relationships
- Working towards, an accounting technician qualification AAT / CIMA / ACCA is desirable
What you will get:
- 30 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 2 remote days (post probation)
- 6% pension contribution
- Medical cover
- Free parking when in the office
- Discounted services
If you are interested in finding out more about this Accounts Assistant role, please apply by sending your CV or LinkedIn PDF!
***WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION BECAUSE GETTING THE PERFECT JOB IS HARD ENOUGH***
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. Tnp complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Tnp may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Tnp providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. We reply to all applicants whether you are successful or not.