Assistant Accountant Job Details
Salary:£25000 - £30000 Per Annum
An eager Assistant Accountant is required on a permanent basis to join a company based in Portsmouth that have a genuine interest in supporting its staff. The successful Assistant Accountant will be offered Hybrid working, flexible hours, a complete study package and a HALF DAY every Friday…. Yes and early finish every Friday.
The successful Assistant Accountant will report into the Finance Manager, supporting with the end-to-end accounting, reconciling accounts and running reports for the senior finance team. This is the perfect role for someone looking to broaden their accountancy knowledge and experience!
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Pulling together the accounts on Excel and reconciling to SAP to ensure they are accurate
- Run the monthly consolidation process for the management accounts
- Assisting with projects
- Supporting the end-to-end accounts in the finance team
- Producing reports for the senior finance team
What you will need:
- Previous experience within a similar role: Purchase Ledger Clerk / Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Accounts Payable Clerk / Accounts Receivable Clerk / Finance Assistant / Assistant Management Accountant / Assistant Project Accountant
- Studying towards an accounting qualification would be desirable but not essential (AAT / ACCA / CIMA)
- Good understanding of Excel
The benefits you’ll receive:
- Bonus depending on targets
- Study support offered after probation
- Company pensions up to 8%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Hybrid working (2 days at home 3 in the office)
- Flexible working hours
If you would like to find out more about this Assistant Project Accountant role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.