Assistant Accountant Job Details
Salary:£30000 - £35000 Per Annum
We have teamed up with a local defence company who are looking for an Assistant Accountant that enjoys creating lasting relationships within the business to support their various projects.
This is a brand-new Assistant Accountant role, created because this business is growing quickly! It’s a role heavily involved in business partnering.
Day to day, the Assistant Accountant role will involve managing the project accounting including allocating transactions, budget analysis and identifying variances for a variety of projects. As well as having business partnering capabilities to provide commentary over project performance.
Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Revenue accounting – raising monthly project invoices and reconciling to the cost ledger
- Business partnering with stakeholders
- Review P&L and balance sheet to ensure WIP is accurate and on time
- Attending weekly project meetings with the project team
- Preparing monthly revenue and cost accruals and analysis for the finance team
- Preparing monthly updated, detailed profit and cash forecasts for the project
- Assisting the finance team in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and cash forecasts
- Assisting the finance team in monthly reconciliation of project-related general ledger and vendor accounts
What you will need:
- Previous project experience – internal projects or external projects
- To be qualified (ACCA/CIMA), studying or qualified by experience
- Experience of working in a deadline-driven role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and experience in the use of accounting systems
- Excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Confident communicator and ability to interact with non-finance personnel at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently or as part of a team
What you will get:
- Hybrid working model
- Early Friday finish
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Highly supportive and collaborative environment
- Company bonus
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.