Assistant Accountant Job Details
Salary:£28000 - £33000 Per Annum
If making a difference is important to you, this Management Accountant role is a great opportunity! We have teamed up with a local defence company who are looking for someone who enjoys creating lasting relationships within the business to support their various projects. This role offers, 2-3 remote days, flexible working hours and a full study package.
This is a brand-new Management Accountant role, created because this business is growing fast! It’s a role heavily involved in business partnering!
Day to day the Management Accountant role will involve managing the project accounting including allocating transactions, budget analysis and identifying variances for a variety of projects. As well as having business partnering capabilities to provide commentary over project performance.
Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Revenue accounting – raising monthly project invoices and reconciling to the cost ledger
- Business partnering with stakeholders
- Review P&L and balance sheet to ensure WIP is accurate and on time
- Attending weekly project meetings with the project team
- Preparing monthly revenue and cost accruals and analysis for the finance team
- Preparing monthly updated detailed profit and cash forecast for the project
- Assisting the finance team in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and cash forecasts
- Assisting the finance team in monthly reconciliation of project related general ledger and vendor accounts
What you will need:
- Previous project experience would be helpful but not essential – internal projects or external projects
- Studying ACCA / CIMA / AAT (‘qualified by experience’ individuals will also been considered)
- Experience working in one of the following job roles – Assistant Accountant / Management Accountant / Project Accountant / Assistant Financial Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant
- Experience of working in a deadline driven role
- Excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Confident communicator and ability to interact with non-finance personnel at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently or as part of a team
What you will get:
- Hybrid working model
- Start early – finish early
- 2-3 remote days per week
- Early Friday finish – 1pm
- 25 days annual leave
- Highly supportive and collaborative environment
- Company Bonus
- Enhance Pension
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.