Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant Job Details
Salary:£30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Are you an ambitious and experienced finance professional with a knack for effective communication across departments?
Do you have a passion for finance and a desire to contribute to the success of a well-established travel and tourism business that offers hybrid working?
We have teamed up with a leading travel and tourism business based in the vibrant coastal city of Southampton. As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will be an integral part of the finance department, supporting the management accounting function and working closely with various departments across the organisation. You will be joining the business at an exciting time as it goes through massive changes with a variety of projects. You will have the opportunity to have your say in company decisions, improve processes and make the role your own in a closeknit team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations
- Building Weekly P&L reviews
- Creating quarterly forecasts
- Assisting department managers with budgets & forecasts
- Supporting month end with accruals & prepayments
- Reviewing data and making suggestions for process improvements
- Business partnering with various departments across the business
- Providing support and advice and challenging issues
What you will need:
- To be actively studying towards an ACCA/CIMA qualification and have a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships across departments. This is crucial, as you will collaborate with stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- Strong competency with Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience in a similar position, such as: Finance Business Partner / Finance Analyst / Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant
- Previous usage of SAP would be beneficial, but not essential
What you will get:
- Hybrid working – 3 days a week working from home
- Study support for career progression
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounts on travel
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.