Assistant Project Accountant
Assistant Project Accountant Job Details
Salary:£24000 - £28000 Per Annum
Do you want help with your studies in a progressive company that truly supports its staff?
Due to team growth, a marine engineering company is looking for their next Assistant Project Accountant to join their team based in Portsmouth on a permanent basis. Managing marine projects for the Ministry of Defence, this company is anything but boring! Working on-site to assist in the end-to-end project work, the successful Assistant Project Accountant would benefit from receiving an annual bonus, the option for remote working, and a generous holiday package.
This role would suit someone who is looking for their next step up in finance, is available to start on short notice, and studying towards AAT / CIMA.
Reporting to the Project Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Assist with the management of projects
- Setting up projects in the finance system
- Maintaining internal records
- Posting accruals Investigating any discrepancies in the project’s accounts
- Liaising with project managers
What you will need:
- Previous experience within a similar role: Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Project Manager / Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Studying towards an accounting qualification would be desirable but not essential (AAT / CIMA)
- Good understanding of Excel
The benefits you’ll receive:
- Bonus depending on targets
- Study support offered after probation
- Company pensions up to 8%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Hybrid working (2 days at home 3 in the office)
- Flexible working hours
If you would like to find out more about this Assistant Project Accountant role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.