Bookkeeper Job Details
Salary:£25000 - £30000 Per Annum
We are looking for a talented Bookkeeper to join a small construction business, based near Southampton. You will be offered flexible working hours and study support while working in a friendly team. The role is offered on a part-time basis for 20-30 hours per week.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping for the company as the sole finance member of staff
- Maintaining the purchase ledger – bank reconciliations, tracking invoices on spreadsheets
- Maintenance of the sales ledger – raising invoices, resolving queries, credit control and chasing debts where necessary
- CIS calculations
- Month end accruals and prepayments
- Exporting information to Xero to run MI reports
- Working with external accountants
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role, such as Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Finance Officer
- Working knowledge of Xero and Excel
- Confidence in communicating issues with non-finance members of staff
What you will get:
- Flexible working hours
- Study support
- Free, onsite parking
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.