Finance Controller Job Details
Salary:£40000 - £45000 Per Annum
Want to join a close-knit but growing team and make a real impact?
We have teamed up with a fantastic not-for-profit organisation based in Andover to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. Offering free on-site parking, hybrid working, flexible working hours and a competitive pension scheme, this role comes with a wealth of benefits.
The Financial Controller role will be varied too and includes taking a hands-on approach to overseeing both the management and financial accounts. Day-to-day you will be producing month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, statutory returns, audits and year end statutory accounts.
To take on the Financial Controller role you will be a strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen. You will have experience of annual statutory accounts, budgeting, and regular reforecasting. Whilst an accounting qualification would be desirable, it’s not essential so please do not hesitate in applying if you are not qualified!
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and submitting information to statutory authorities and preparing monthly accounts, annual statutory accounts, tax computations, client’s accounts, cashflow statements
- Production of the month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, statutory returns, audits and year end statutory accounts
- Implementing and maintaining all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements
- Agree financial targets and monitor the performance of each department in line with budgets, forecasts and KPIs
- Assist departments with the production of annual budgets.
- Develop effective forecasting models for P&L, balance sheets and cashflow
- Ensure the accuracy of timely accounts and management information
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory requirements
- Motivate and manage staff to ensure they achieve their potential
What you will need:
- Experience of Annual Statutory Accounts
- Experience of Budgeting and regular reforecasting
- Experienced manager with demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of stakeholders and ability to challenge the status quo and drive through changes whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- Excellent financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Strategic thinker with commercial acumen
- Computer literate with good Excel skills and experience with modern ERP and accounts software principles
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Resourceful, proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
What you will get:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Free on-site parking
- Competitive pension scheme
- Opportunity to make a real impact and drive business growth
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.