Finance Manager Job Details
Salary:£25000 - £32000 Per Annum
We’re working with a design and manufacturing business based in Southampton to recruit a Finance Manager to join their close-knit and friendly team. Joining a business where the culture is vibrant, sociable, and highly collaborative, you’ll feel nothing but supported. With an early start and an early finish, this role would suit someone who is keen to have their long evenings to themselves, maintaining that precious work-life-balance.
The role of Finance Manager will be pivotal to the business and varied too. Day-to-day you can expect to be managing everything from bank reconciliations, payroll, inputting invoices and producing management accounts.
To take on the Finance Manager role you’ll need to have a proactive nature and be ready to adapt to suit the needs of this growing SME. You will come with previous ledger and management accounts experience as well as excellent attention to detail.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Day to day book-keeping (Credit control, purchase and sales ledger)
- Cashflow forecasting
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Reconciling accounts
- Weekly and Monthly Payment run
- Management Reports (management accounts & journals, month end & board level reporting)
- Assisting with Year End and coordinating and preparing for audit
- Monitoring budgets
- VAT returns and EC sales
- Fixed Asset register
- Working with purchasing to ensure an efficient purchasing system and sign off of invoices
- Main contact to liaise with external Accountants
What you will need:
- Ideally AAT qualified or equivalent
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of Sage would be advantageous
- Experience within a stand-alone finance role
- Experience of international payments
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulously organised
- Ability to create reports and forecasts for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
What you will get:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Early finish on Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual pay rise
- Quarterly socials
- In-house reward schemes throughout the year
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.