Finance Manager Job Details
Salary:£35000 - £45000 Per Annum
We are working with a care provider (1.5m t/o) on the outskirts of Southampton who are in search of a hands-on Finance Manager to lead the finance department. Managing 1x Accounts Assistant, you will be offered 1 remote day per week, 24 days annual leave and a supportive Managing Director who promotes a good work life balance. This role would suit someone who enjoys having a busy day, leaving the ‘job at the door’, maintaining a good work life balance whilst supporting the community along the way.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Overview of the general ledger
- Ensure purchase ledger and sales ledgers are maintained and reconciled accurately
- To ensure all cash books are maintained and reconciled
- Monitor all supplier payment runs within the company guidelines
- Maintain the company asset register
- Complete monthly management accounts
- Process the monthly payroll submission and ensure the pension commitments are recorded accurately in preparation for the annual audit (work with a bureau)
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Reconciling accounts
- Monitoring budgets
- VAT returns and EC sales
- Main contact to liaise with external Accountants
- Manage 1x Accounts Assistant
What you will need:
- Experience working in a similar role such as Finance Manager / Finance Supervisor / Management Accountant / Finance Controller / Accounts Manager
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous but not desirable
- Experience within a stand-alone finance role
What you will get:
- 24 + 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Discretionary bonus
- Remote working day
- 37 hour week
- Good work life balance
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.
Monday 21st last day