Finance Officer Job Details
Salary:£28000 - £32000 Per Annum
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape and grow the finance function of a local, charitable organisation?
We are seeking a Finance Officer to join a successful charity, based near Liphook. In this all-rounder finance role, you will be responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll, as well as other aspects of the company accounts. This is a real opportunity to expand your experience in all areas of accounting and make an impact in a charity that makes a difference.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Accounts receivable – raising invoices, bank reconciliations, setting up accounts for new clients
- Credit control
- Accounts payable – processing purchase orders, payment runs, checking supplier authorisation, reconciliation of company credit card
- Processing petty cash transactions, conducting audits to minimise risk
- Processing monthly payroll for approximately 100 staff
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing accruals and prepayments
- Analysing variances to the budget
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role, such as Finance Officer / Bookkeeper / Finance Manager / Accountant / Assistant Accountant
- AAT qualification or QBE
- A logical and methodical approach
- A drive to continually improve processes
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 and/or Sage Payroll would be an advantage, but not essential
What you will get:
- Enhanced pension – 5% employer/employee
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising with service
- Free, onsite parking
- Development opportunities
- Sickness pay
- The opportunity to work in a charity that makes a difference
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.