Financial Controller Job Details
Salary:£65000 - £75000 Per Annum
We are working with an established marine organisation, based in Portsmouth, to find a Financial Controller to join their team. This growing business has more than doubled in size in the last few years and is looking to expand further!
Reporting to the Financial Director, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a talented team of 13 staff with 4 direct reports
- Ownership of the month-end close process and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Oversight of financial performance, budgetary control and variance analysis, reviewing results with the leadership team and operational management
- Preparation of the annual budget and updated forecasts
- Handling of project accounting, including review and sign-off of project forecasts
- Compilation of accurate billing data and forecast expenditure for key customer stakeholders
- Formation of accurate cashflow forecasts and effective management of working capital
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and tax advisors, leading preparation of audit packs and input to the annual tax calculations
- Arrangement of the IFRS statements and disclosure notes for the annual statutory accounts
- Review of quarterly and annual tax provisions
- Creation of the quarterly VAT report and reconciliation of VAT accounts
What you will need:
- Qualified accountant – ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Experience in a similar role, such as: Finance Manager / Financial Controller / Senior Finance Manager / Finance Director / Senior Project Accountant
- Previous stat accounting experience
- Working knowledge of SAP and Power BI – able to manipulate data
- Ideally, previous work in a project-related environment
What you will get:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 10% discretionary bonus
- Pension up to 8%
- Income protection
- Group life assurance
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.