Head of Finance
Head of Finance Job Details
Salary:£50000 - £55000 Per Annum
Want to lead a finance function and make a lasting impact?
We’re working with a fantastic not-for-profit organisation based in Andover to recruit a Head of Finance on a permanent basis. Offering free on-site parking, hybrid working, flexible working hours and a competitive pension scheme, this role comes with a wealth of benefits.
The Head of Finance role involves leading the finance function and overseeing the production of both management and statutory accounts. As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the finance function and output is delivered in an effective manner.
To take on the role you’ll need to be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and come with proven experience in a similar role. You’ll have a track record of leading teams and up to date technical finance knowledge.
Reporting to the Director of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the production of timely reliable management accounts, providing analysis and insight
- Preparing statutory accounts for Group companies in accordance with legislation and reporting standards
- Managing the process for preparing the annual budget
- Ensuring that all financial processes are timely and effective, including but not limited to, the payment of suppliers, the collection of debts and the management of cash
- Monitoring the effectiveness of financial processes and controls, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Overseeing completion and submission of tax and other regulatory returns relating to financial matters
- Effective Business Partnering service to the Senior Leadership and Senior Management teams to support their needs for financial information and provide financial insight
- Managing the team, setting objectives, motivating and managing staff and monitoring progress to ensure that objectives are achieved
What you will need:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of annual Statutory accounts
- Confident in business partnering and ability to communicate effectively when presenting financial information to non-financial audiences
- Experience of managing a finance function
- Experience of using standard accounting software packages
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret financial information accurately
- Up to date technical knowledge and a good understanding of financial risk
- Experience of working in a multi-cost centre environment
What you will get:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Free on-site parking
- Competitive pension scheme
- Opportunity to make a real impact and drive business growth
If you would like to find out more, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.