Head of Finance
Head of Finance Job Details
Salary:£55000 - £65000 Per Annum
We have an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned finance professional as we have partnered with a successful Southampton charity in their search for a Head of Finance. This newly created, autonomous role promises an enriching experience within a feel-good, ethical organisation that actively contributes to the local community.
As the Head of Finance, you will navigate a dynamic and eclectic role where no two days are alike, allowing you exposure to a broad spectrum of responsibilities beyond conventional finance functions. In this pivotal position, your strategic insights will play a crucial role in steering the charity through a period of transformation, supporting the CEO in the implementation of growth plans. If you’re a finance leader seeking to make a meaningful impact while contributing to positive societal change, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the CEO with future scaling and growth plans, from a financial perspective
- Leading and managing a team of 3 professionals
- Overseeing the finance function of a successful charity
- Providing support and management to central services of the business
- Presenting financial information and commentary to the board
- Managing the strategic planning for key areas of the business, including bids and tenders
- Budget management
- Being the point of contact for audit
- Sitting on the senior leadership team and providing guidance to the organisation
What you will need:
- To be a qualified accountant – ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Previous experience in a similar role, such as Finance Manager / Head of Finance / Financial Controller / Operational Finance Manager / HR & Finance Manager
- Emotional intelligence with proven experience of successfully managing teams
- A background in strategic-level finance
- A methodical and hands-on approach
What you will get:
- Hybrid working – 2/3 split either way
- Flexible working (start and finish times)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Office easily accessible by public transport or car
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.