Payroll & Accounts Assistant
Payroll & Accounts Assistant Job Details
Salary:£25000 - £30000 Per Annum
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Accounts Assistant to join a caring and supportive organisation in Portsmouth! Don’t take our word for it, they reflect this in the nature of what they do, but also their benefits package which includes 28 days annual leave (PLUS 8 bank holidays), flexible working hours and 2-3 days remote working (to name a few perks)!
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing payroll production and administration support, as well as assisting with transactional tasks. This role entails a 50% focus on payroll production and a 50% focus on transactional finance and administration and would suit someone who enjoys variety.
- Process monthly payroll, pensions, and HMRC requirements for various entities.
- Serve as the point of contact for payroll-related matters, collaborating with the HR team.
- Conduct payroll year-end processing.
- Handle pension processing, correspondence, and related tasks.
- Ensure weekly bank reconciliations are completed for specified entities.
- Process daily invoices, ensuring proper documentation and coding.
- Input all payment and receipt data into the accounting system.
- Resolve queries and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor bank accounts and process transfers or drawdowns as needed.
- Maintain audit documentation archives.
- Generate reports for partner charities and other relevant parties.
- Organize meetings with stakeholders to understand their activities and provide support.
- Raise journals for fund transfers.
- Assist with end-of-year preparations and procedures.
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Experience working in roles such as Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Payroll Clerk / Payroll Officer / Finance Officer /
What you will get:
- 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 2 remote days (post probation)
- 7% Pension contribution
- Medi cover
- Free parking when in the office
- Discounted services
If you would like to find out more about this Payroll & Accounts Assistant position, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.