Payroll Assistant Job Details
Rate:£10.90 - £13 Per Hour
Are you a payroll specialist, seeking a new challenge in a well-known business offering flexible and hybrid working?
We are on the hunt for a Payroll Assistant to join a public sector organisation, based in Portsmouth, on a temporary basis for 8 months. You will support the Payroll Manager in onboarding, offboarding and managing queries from employees, as well as liaising with various stakeholders to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The processing of new starters and leavers
- Input of permanent and temporary employment data, ensuring compliance with sector guidelines
- Manual calculation of overpayments and pay advances
- Dealing with employee queries, written and verbal
- The application and maintenance of court orders
- Assisting with queries from third parties in a timely manner
- Supporting the onboarding of new, external clients
- Liaising with the pensions team, ensuring starter and leaver notifications are sent on time
- Adhering to monthly payroll deadlines
What you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role, such as Payroll Assistant / Payroll Officer / HR Assistant / Payroll Administrator / Finance and Payroll Assistant / Accounts and Payroll Assistant
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage the pressure of multiple payrolls
- To be a confident communicator and happy to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
What you will get:
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working after training period (50/50 split)
If you would like to find out more about this role, please apply with your CV or LinkedIn PDF. We look forward to hearing from you!
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. The Niche Partnership complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that The Niche Partnership may contact you in connection with your application in relation to The Niche Partnership providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.