Project Accountant Job Details
Salary:£30000 - £35000
If you are an Assistant Accountant and looking for the exposure you need to complete your ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualification, this Project Accountant might be the job for you!
Due to business growth, this UK wide organisation based in Portsmouth is looking for a Project Accountant on a permanent basis. The successful Project Accountant will be offered flexible working hours/remote days, a full study package and the opportunity to truly hone their current skill set (not to mention a competitive benefits package!!).
In this instrumental role, the Project Accountant will be working closely with the Finance Manager to support across multiple cost centres, ensuring company projects run smoothly and on budget. This role would be ideal for someone who is currently working as an Assistant Accountant but looking to take a step up to gain rounded experience. The successful candidate will gain this experience by working closely with a qualified accountant who is keen to develop others, therefore helping you to get the exposure you need to develop in your career!
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Project Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with multiple stakeholders within the group to drive performance
- Reviewing processes, controls and procedures
- Ownership of all project financial transactions including cost allocations, timesheet recording & accruals/prepayments
- Lead the revenue cycle
- Providing commentary and analysis
- Support production of budgets & forecasts
- Providing management information for group level
- Ad hoc / project analysis
- Offering support business partnering to both finance and non-finance staff
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Part Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Worked in one of following roles: Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant / Assistant Financial Accountant / Commercial Accountant / Senior Accounts Assistant
- Commercial mindset
- Proven ability of supporting the month end process and providing commercial analysis
What you will get:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours – true hybrid (must live locally to the office)
- 8% pension contribution
- 15% of salary annual bonus
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Training and development
- Full study support
- Job satisfaction if you enjoy improving the bottom line
If you are interested in finding out more about this Project Accountant role, please apply by sending your CV or LinkedIn PDF!
***WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION BECAUSE GETTING THE PERFECT JOB IS HARD ENOUGH***
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. Tnp complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Tnp may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Tnp providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. We reply to all applicants whether you are successful or not.