Tax Manager Job Details
Salary:£75000 - £90000 Per Annum
Exclusive to The Niche Partnership, a Tax Manager role is available on a permanent basis and will be working within a global manufacturing business.
Offering a diverse and innovative range of products, this business is part of an established and long-standing group. Whilst large in size, the business has successfully maintained their ‘family feel’ and the culture is best described as truly inclusive, genuinely trusting and highly supportive.
The successful Tax Manager will support across two business divisions and offer expertise on tax, specifically Corporation Tax and VAT, and taxation regimes across the main European Centres. You will work closely with senior management across the business and key parent company contacts in tax. The Tax Manager is ultimately responsible for providing tax advice to the business, ensuring total compliance with all relevant legislations.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Tax Manager is responsible for:
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment for the Tax function, to ensure compliance with all applicable legal and reporting requirements.
- Overseeing/completing the UK Corporation tax returns, working with external providers.
- Tax treatment of capital expenditure including planning for efficient use of capital allowances
- Initiating/maximising R&D tax reliefs
- Tax planning at group level including group business structure for inter-co funding, trading, services, toll manufacturing and sharing of resources.
- Focus on Transfer Pricing compliance, planning, benchmarking and documentation
- Withholding tax compliance for royalties, management charges, interest and dividends in accordance with the relevant tax treaties
- Tax Strategy reporting
- Preparing tax forecasts for financial accounting, budgeting and cashflow purposes.
- Updating and maintaining tax policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and maintaining the tax element of the company risk and control matrix, providing recommendations to senior management for changes and processes needed to address risks.
- Monitoring corporate tax compliance in overseas subsidiaries
- Overseeing VAT compliance for both UK and EU fand conducting VAT planning for the business
What you will need:
- Accounting or tax qualified
- Experience of working as a Tax Manager / Tax Accountant / Tax Associate / Tax Senior / Group Tax Manager / Corporate Tax Manager / International Tax Manager or similar
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategy into implementation plan, and deliver on that plan.
- Eagerness to improve, take initiative and accept accountability.
- Demonstrable technical competence & experience and knowledge of IFRS & UK tax accounting.
- Experience working with auditors and UK tax authorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – able to work in a small team, and to quickly build good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
What you will get:
- 9% employer pension contribution
- Flexible working hours – standard working week is 37 hours
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Flexible benefits scheme – pick and choose your own benefits!
- A truly informal, inclusive and friendly culture
- Highly supportive team with a can-do attitude
- A company with the highest ethical and social standards, having now received the EcoVadis Gold Award twice and being accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
To find out more about this Tax Manager role, please apply today by sending your CV or LinkedIn PDF.
We take your application seriously and WE RESPOND TO EVERY APPLICATION…because getting a job is hard enough.
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. Tnp complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Tnp may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Tnp providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.